- Scan & post art from 2004-2008 - I wasn't as active during this period, but there is probably a good 150 pages that I can start peppering with my other updates.
- Bring a web cam to drawing nights - I at least wanted to experiment with this and see if there was a way to get it working. I thought it would be fun for people to see not just the doodles but how they are put together.
- Move art from beeba.net to picasa - no sense in paying the monthly fee for hosting when free works just as well, but I'd like to do this right. This means not just getting them there, but transferring comments I made over the years on beeba with them.
- Re-scan old art - A big pain in the ass project so I can have higher-rez versions of my current scans. I only kept 100 dpi versions thus far, and it would give me a new chance to better archive them (naming convention, etc.) and prepare them to...
- Make a big book of my doodles - for myself if no one else. I'm not much of a pack rat, so it would be nice to get rid of the pile of paper and have a neat book of drawings made through some online publishing something or other. I have no idea what outside interest there would be in a sketchbook from yours meekly, or what would be in it, but feel free to share your opinion.
- Share some how-to's using the webcam - long ago on beeba.net there was a lot of interest in tutorial-type stuff. If there is still interest, I thought this would be the way to do it. I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that written tutorials would just take forever and never seem small enough to get to, but turning on a camera, doodling, and babbling about what I'm thinking seems in the realm of reality.
Monday, February 4, 2008
I thought it would be a good idea to share my plans for the site, as a way of making them a bit more concrete for me, and a way of making things more intriguing for you. Of course, there is always the execution phase, but let's start with la-la land for now. Some things on my mind that I would like to do for the site: