Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Butt Sense

What a group! Including myself, 12 different people appeared over the course of the night: Ryan, his in-law Adam (new), Jon, Derek, Rachel, Kelly, Virginia, Brent, Dave, Hannah (Dave's GF) and Rosylin (for chat). I got Dave's site so I added him to the drawing pals links. The first drawing, among other things, demonstrates what would happen if you were bitten by a radioactive ass. The first doodle is the star because he has nice toes. The second doodle likes t-shirts but hates his pants. Which would be okay if he didn't hate underwear, too. The third doodle wishes he was E.T. and hates all clothes equally. The fourth doodle has no personality and I'm not sure what his true intentions are, so he makes me nervous. But I bet if he had a thought bubble, he'd be thinking about cheesecake.

After the first bout of nonsense, I looked over jealously at a comic Derek is working on about Lobster Ladd and decided it would be a good idea to mutilate the character with my own horrible, age-inappropriate version of the character. You can tell I wasn't that happy with the results; I might try to get revenge later. That's it! I spent a lot of time yapping with folks, and I was excited about the concert later that night. Fleet Foxes were so stinkin' good, and I was shocked at how good Blitzen Trapper (whose samples I didn't particularly care for) was live. Yowsa!

4 comments:

Delidel said...

y'know it's funny the things you said in the tutorial about facial expressions and then later about toes have really stood out in my mind lately. and when i look back at old sketches i did back when i was visiting you at beeba they all have that common focus: facial expressions and toes.

and now i'll go sketch something about getting bit by a radioactive toe or something . . .

j_ay said...

Note to self: avoid radioactive ass!

dave said...

hahahaa
thanks for the shout, man. i'll definitely be back next week.
-dave chisholm

Alan Tew said...

Avoid all kinds of radiation, people. Radiation is bad for you. Except dave, I think it makes him funnier.