Thursday, April 10, 2008

Toasterrrrr Chop!

This week, Alyssa, Manfred, Derek, Rachel, Ryan, and a couple other fellas, Cory, and... Too many names to keep track of! It was a pretty light night because I was having too much fun catching up with pals, but who gives a shit? On with the drawings! First up was some goofing off with a kind of thin fella with a grizzly beard but a nerdy haircut. I tried to play around with cross-leggedness since I was having a little trouble with it the other night. The other guy reminded me a lot of the one I did in the tutorial vid, just looking the other direction. Kinda weird. Someone said he looked like he was going to karate chop something, and I decided he wanted to karate chop his toaster, because all it does is make toast. BOOORING!

One of the new guys (Ben?) was doing this interesting stuff with inks and whiteout, and he had this funky looking character holding up a broken umbrella. I thought he was interesting, so I did my rendition of him. The original was really simple shapes, so I was curious what he might look like with a little definition. I enjoyed the head on the next guy, and I kinda felt like his fashion sense would be kind of thin and stretched-loose a bit, maybe a little like Mormon undergarments. Not sure why you need to know that, but there ya go. Oh, and Ryan said he looked like he was striking a pose, so I added a camera. Then he complained that the camera was behind him, so I explained that the camera is actually right in front of him -- perfectly positioned for a good shot -- I just drew it super badly.

The last guy was kind of a tech-like experiment but I get really short and frustrated by that kind of stuff, so I never really fleshed out the concept. I was jealous of Ryan's ladies, so I started drawing some of my own, but I was chatting too much and we ran out of time if we were going to eat sushi (woo!), so I signed the drawings, drew some poopies, and bailed. Until next week... oh wait, wait. I'm super excited because the Fleet Foxes are coming to town, so I might go to a concert next week instead of draw. We'll see...

4 comments:

Todd Harris said...

I just saw Jon Diesta shoot Alan in the balls with a nerf gun! At first my sympathetic response made me cringe. Then I realized, oddly, Alan didnt seem to mind, infact, he mildly enjoyed it. Then to my amazement he asked Jon to shoot him again, over and over, this went on for some time until all the nerf bullets were used up. Needless to say, I think Jon and Alan are better friends now than they were before.

Alan Tew said...

Umm... to Nerf guns and friendship!

zoe said...

"Ben" is really Cory... just so you know :)
See you tomorrow, maybe...
-alyssa

Alan Tew said...

I fixed it, but now you must live with your comment making no sense. Mwuahaha!