Thursday, June 5, 2008

Technology Kills Time

Not too many drawings this week, and I think it was because of the tech in my first doodle. The drawings are also a little lighter because I ran out of lead and the only kind available at the table was 2H (thank you, Derek!). I started with the head in the upper-left -- yet another one of my drawings trying hard for the worst hairdo trophy. Next up was some big almond eyes that turned into a fella with a mohawk. I drew his hand out like he was holding out a ring for a kiss, and I wanted to do something more interesting with his left, so I decided to try a big gun. I absolutely despise drawing technology because I feel uncomfortable making up so much shape from ignorance, but I just went for it. I do the same with animals, really. But tech takes a lot more time despite it being nonsense, and I ate up most of the night dicking with shapes on it. I think it turned out decent, even if it makes no sense. I started drawing down the torso and considered drawing further, but instead replaced "further" with one more head, and embellished that with some word balloons.

Frustrated that the night was spent on the other drawing, and knowing I would have very little to post, I decided to just throw down one more doodle before everyone bailed. I say two posts this week is better than one.

4 comments:

Rory said...

Something about the second sketch reminds me of Namor. Not sure why.

Alan Tew said...

I had the same thought, oddly enough.

Mike said...

I was an fan of your old site a few years back. I checked it a couple days ago to see if it was still up, and found that you were posting your art again. Excellent!! I hope you keep posting for a long time to come. Thank you!

Alan Tew said...

Nice to see you man. Thanks for the comment.