Thursday, August 7, 2008

!tghiN sdrawkcaB

This was a fun draw night. I downed three beers before arriving, and I was completely loopy when I arrived. I started by doodling a really big head thinking it would impress everyone at the table, and Dave offered to ink it! What a bunch of rad; I thought it turned out awesome. He added a bunch of menace and kicked it up a notch. I really like all of the lines he added around the eyes, and I like the way he made the fingers and hand look. I just like inks, and wish I could be better at them without putting in the time. ;-)



I included two versions of the next page, one rotated 180-degrees, to show all of the madness that went on. I started drawing lots of little figures like the last time I was drawing with a buzz, and got through the first two (the spiky, dark-haired yelling guy and the fella to the right of him) when I needed to use the bathroom. While I was out, Ryan drew the guy beneath the spiky, dark-haired yelling guy to see if I would recognize whether I drew it. It threw me for a loop for a second, but I wasn't that out of it, and so I added the lady holding his hand. Later, Ryan drew her head in and made her saying something funny. I think I drew a couple more peeps (the guy to the right of the girl, and the one on the bottom of the page stomping or something) and then handed the page over to Gheybin asking for something superhero-like, and she said all she could do was a guy flexing. She gave me a stick figure, though, and I filled it in. At this point, Hannah showed, but she was just hanging out, so I got her to give me a series of stick figures, all of which she drew upside-down on the page. You can inspect her stuff with the flipped version of the art. Last up was a "man-mer" inspired by the "mer-maid" I made out of one of Hannah's stick figures. Oh, and Ryan showed me how to draw the Kool-Aid guy.

So Dave had a really neat pen that he used to ink my drawing, and I got to fiddle around with it. It clicked better than other brush pens I've used, and it looked really similar to what Paul Pope used to create my Con sketch. I might have to fiddle with it more later, because it was rather fun to use.

Next up was a squiggle Hannah seemed to give me out of nowhere (or I don't remember asking for it.) I inked the line so I could remember it, and you can see that I still have no control over the inks, really. I kept spinning the page trying to see if I could come up with a cleverer use of the line, but I ended up doing something rather similar to my last squiggly awhile back. It was a fun drawing.



We kept drawing at the sushi place, and Gheybin let me use her blue pen. I screwed up the guy's hand, so I decided to make it a "thought" and tried again. While I was doodling, Gheybin showed us her art-book, where she writes backwards when she gets really frustrated. I was completely intrigued by it, and wondered how well I could write backwards. I thought I did well even though I would screw up my "d"s and "b"s a lot. So I added some backwards text, and even signed my name backwards. I included a mirror of the drawing so you could see how I fared.

The last page was a fun disaster. Gheybin asked for a drawing of her, and I was too intimidated to draw anything other than something simple. (She's the one in the thought-bubble.) Then Dave asked me to do him, and I went for a simple version of him, too (with glasses, in center). I feel like I screwed up his lips, though, which is a bummer, since I think they are one of the more interesting things about his look. So he grabbed the page and did one of me (left of him, with bags under eyes). When he handed it back, I decided to give myself a meatier body, and added hair at Ryan's request. Everyone was laughing at the weirdness on the page, and asked me to do Dave's body, so I made him extra skinny (he is wiry), and then put my arm around it. Dave kept saying "beautiful," so I added it as a word bubble. Dave then mentioned having a sheen on my body, so I added the sparkles. And then, to get a laugh out of everyone, despite my arm being around Dave, I decided to have me thinking about Gheybin, and drew the thought-bubble around her. After that, I tried to draw a mean guy for Ryan that had a mouth that reminded everyone of Beaker, which compelled me to draw my best beaker and doctor (name?) from memory. Dave did a Kermit from memory that was impressive, so I added a body, and then tried Cookie Monster (but messed up a bit). The last one I tried was Gonzo, but couldn't figure it out. The higher Gonzo Dave was much better. The end result is a mess, but making it was very fun.

7 comments:

Ounce said...

Yay lots of post and wow must have been a fun night. The figure drawings are my fave, I always get inspired to draw when I see them.

Jacob, aka IAmWickedStupid said...

Nice. This is a great post! I love the first one - the big head. It's pretty ace.

Billy said...

so what kind of brush pen was it that he used? I love trying new pens out.

dave said...

ALAN! i'm gonna put that face on my deviantart page.
-dave

Jose Rivolta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jose Rivolta said...

hemos agregado un trackback tramitarpasaporteencolombia.com hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback manualidadespararegalar.org hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback cuentosinteractivos.net hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback verazgratis.org hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback verazgratisenargentina.org hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback www.datacreditoconsultagratis.co hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback copiadelrutenlinea.net hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback copiadelrutenlinea.org hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback datacreditogratis.org hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback datacreditocolombia.net hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback consulta por cedula en las oficinas de datacrédito hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback consultar gratis un informe por cedula en colombia hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback consultar gratis un informe por cedula del datacrédito en colombia hacia este artículo
hemos agregado un trackback consultar gratis un informe por cedula del datacrédito en colombia hacia este artículo

Jorge El Argento said...

Muy buen posteo, agregamos un trackback libreveraz.com hacia este artículo