Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Worst Thing About...

This week began with Ryan and I swapping poses to pencil in. My ability to take a really cool pose from Ryan Ottley and make it into something so horrifying is kinda fascinating, really. Inspiration for this drawing comes from the pose itself (of course), and Dave Chisholm talking about rollerblades.

The drawing of the guy in the second drawing was actually the first drawing of the evening before Ryan and I swapped poses. And to balance out the guy-bits, I decided to do some girl-bits. Usually when I do fast poses it's always guys, so I thought this would be a nice change-of-pace. I should do more of this sort of thing, methinks.

The third pic was a stream-of-consciousness drawing that really weirded me out. I just thought of this white, stretchy, clothy guy with a wig on, and just kept farting around with it until his body was finished. Then I added some bubbles, and threw in the fish. At least, I think it's a fish.I thought a skull in the eye of the fish would be more interesting than just random reflections.

The last drawing was just something I doodled on my kitchen counter before heading out to work one morning. It was sitting there with the other drawings, so I scanned it in for all to see.

Cheers!

5 comments:

RAWLS said...

hahah...great stuff man.

Jacob, aka IAmWickedStupid said...

I love the offhand notation in the the top right-hand corner of the first picture. hahaha Classic.

tiffannysketchbook said...

you make it look too easy... sigh

Shahryar said...

Hello Alan,

I have been a fan for a long time and I'm so happy that you've returned to posting your sketches. I would like to discuss the possibilities of buying some of your OLD sketches (if you still have them) and perhaps commissioning you to sketch. Thank you.
-Shahryar; full_metal_heart@hotmail.com

martin wittig said...

Wow! Great sketches! Cheers to your talent!:)